Today’s meetup will again offer four great presentations:
- Luca talking about “Why a photo portfolio should be on WordPress”.
- Kaiser talking about “How to evaluate a theme, before and after the purchase.”
- Bastilian talking about “Semantic html markup, a little bit of history and why semantic markup is important for readers and search-engines.”
- Cliff ( @spliffy ) will talk about content creation and will reveal his pet-project, hoping to get the attendees to join him for a photo session.
The rest of the time, let’s have a beer, chat, ask and answer questions, share experiences, etc.
It’s time to start talking seriously about presentations for April 4, and by “seriously” I mean to move the conversation from meetup.com to this site 😉
So far we have a few ideas that have been mentioned, please post them as replies to this post.
We have no rules about presentations, but our (short) experience seems to show that 4 is a good number, as long as we keep them between 20 and 30 minutes each.
If we have more proposals than available slots, priority will be given to:
- People who have never talked before.
- Subjects closely related to WordPress
Please accept my apologies for the belated wrap-up post, but here we are finally.
First a few photos, thanks to @floor!
The meetup was once again a great moment, and we had 4 very interesting presentations, from the history of design, to basic CSS and child theming, to more advanced CSS, to plugin development best practices.
For those who would like to know a bit more, here are a few links to the respective materials:
See you all next time!
Directions to today’s meetup: Schraubenfabrik, Lilienbrungasse 18, 1020 Wien
When you reach the 18 on Lilienbrungasse, enter the courtyard. In the courtyard you will see the Schraubenfabrik entrance on the right, once you enter, take the stairs ( not the elevator ) up to the second floor. You will find us there.
@floor and @dant have been kind enough to share their pictures from the last meetup, so here they are:
Presentations proposals for the Feb 28, 2013 meetup.
If you would like to make talk at our next meetup, please post a short description as a reply to this post, including the approximative length of the presentation.